- This one-year top up programme is designed to provide you with a firm understanding of International Business.
- Acquire a strong understanding of business management and develop your ability to work internationally in marketing, finance or human resource management.
- Graduate ‘business ready’, with the ability to think critically, innovate, act responsibly and adapt to volatile, ambiguous and complex situations.
If you have a HND/DipHE qualification, this programme allows you top up your qualifications to a full degree, giving you access to more graduate career opportunities.
This one-year top up programme is designed to provide a firm understanding of International Business. You’ll leave as a ‘business ready’ graduate, a confident, independent thinker, with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
This top-up degree is designed specifically to develop you as a 'business ready' graduate: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of business management, and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
Our academics have extensive experience of organisations and will support you to connect your learning to the realities of International Business. You will be supported throughout by your Personal Tutor, who will help to guide your learning and career development. You will also have access to our extensive range of employability events. Alongside this, we provide a wide range of other opportunities to develop and learn, including a career mentoring scheme, student-led Business Society and online careers portal.
This programme is open for all students in the UK and overseas who wish to transfer to complete the final year of an undergraduate degree, as well as students who have completed study at one of Roehampton's partner institutions.
Our academics have extensive experience of organisations and will support you to connect your learning to the realities of business and management.
Business Readiness and Extended Academic Induction modules will build your future employability throughout your degree, by developing your academic, leadership and management skills.
Your Personal Tutor will support you to map your career development and provide guidance on your learning.
Alongside this, we provide a career mentoring scheme, student-led Business Society and online careers portal.
- Develop your international management skills, studying modules such as International Human Resource Management and Global Marketing.
- Demonstrate your individual specialism through a dissertation focusing on an aspect of international business that interests you.
Required zero-credit module
What is business readiness?
Whether you want to work for a multinational, SME or public sector organisation, our courses equip you with the knowledge, skills and attributes necessary to succeed in business management. Each of our undergraduate business degrees is underpinned by the idea of ‘business readiness’. While with us, you will engage with a three-year compulsory Business Readiness module. It will ensure that when you graduate, you will be able to demonstrate to employers the value that you can add to their organisation.
Why do I need to be business ready?
It is critical that you are able to stand out in the graduate job market. You will be able to demonstrate the knowledge, skills (including critical analysis, problem solving and expressing ideas verbally and in writing), and values, (your work ethos and resilience). These things combined make you ‘business ready’.
Employers desire evidence of professional experience in the role that you are applying for. You will have a wealth of experience gained through your course and through volunteering, part-time work experience, student projects and other activities. The Business Readiness module, guides you in crafting experiences into a personal narrative that evidences the knowledge, skills and attributes that you could contribute to an organisation.
How do I become business ready?
Business ready is designed into all Roehampton Business School programmes, where every module has opportunities for you to practice and simulate business readiness and employability skills. Each module has three key components:
- Knowledge and Understanding – Theories and concepts
- Intellectual Skills – Applying theories and concepts to business situations
- Transferable Skills – The practical skills that employers value
The compulsory Business Readiness modules incorporate discussion and reflection. You will compile a list of the skills you are gaining and chart your development in a way that articulates how you can enrich the organisations that will employ you.
You will be encouraged to take advantage of opportunities beyond the classroom, run by the Business School and the broader University. These include:
- Developing industry connections. Meeting fellow students and executives, managers, entrepreneurs and other professionals, many of whom are Roehampton alumni. With students from more than 140 countries on campus, and the opportunity to study abroad, you will be able to widen your network beyond the UK.
- Presenting yourself to recruiters. As part of your degree, you will learn how to pitch yourself, how to evidence your attributes and skills, and how to highlight the added value you can offer organisations. You will get practical support with CVs and guided interview simulations.
- Guest speakers. Over the course of your degree, you will hear from a range of guest speakers. Recent speakers have come from Haymarket Media Ltd, Santander and KPMG. You will also have the opportunity to visit companies and meet business leaders.
- Business Advisory Board. Our board of senior business leaders works to support the development of the Business School, ensuring that your degree reflects latest business.
- Volunteering. Our students' union has an extensive volunteering programme, through which large numbers of our students work on projects that benefit our local community. There are also opportunities to get involved on campus, including as a programme rep, flat rep or student council rep, or on one of the sports teams.
- Professional Body events. You will be encouraged to attend events organised by professional bodies, such as the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants, the Chartered Management Institute and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, who accredit our degrees
- University of Roehampton Business Society (URBS). URBS is a student-run society that brings together business students and professionals, provides opportunities to attend business events (both on campus and in London), and enter into national business competitions.
You’ll leave well equipped to work in a diverse range of careers, including international trade and banking, operations management, market research, international sales or marketing, and other roles within international companies.
Our careers team is available to support you from the start of your studies until after you graduate. They will help you build your CV, prepare for interviews, and meet and learn from successful graduates working at the top of their careers. You’ll also have opportunities to work with our partners across London and beyond, and to attend a Roehampton jobs fair where you can find out about graduate opportunities and meet employers.
Life at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.