Applying for on-campus accommodation

Whether you prefer a high-end room, or a more affordable option, we've got something for everyone at the University of Roehampton.

You can now apply for accommodation for the 2021/22 academic year.

Apply now  

If you wish to move into accommodation now please email

Please see Contracts page for full accommodation terms and conditions.

All full-time and part-time students, home, EU and overseas students are eligible to apply for on-campus accommodation. Part-time students will be expected to accept full-time tenancies.

How to complete the online application - new students

You need to have a firm offer from the University and your Roehampton Student ID number. The number begins with the first three letters of your surname. It may also be referred to as your Student reference. If you should have any difficulty with locating this, please contact Accommodation.

You will need to choose a preferred College for your accommodation, and then list the room types in order of what you most prefer. Then select what is more important to you: location or room type. Please include all additional information which will help us to place you in the most suitable accommodation that you want (for instance if you prefer to live on a particular floor or in a single-sex flat). We will do our best to meet your preferences as much as possible, depending on date of application and room availability.

If you are a UK student and you don't know how much you will be receiving for your maintenance loan, you can use this student finance calculator to get an estimate of how much you will get. 

If you have a medical condition or disability which means you need a particular room type or are unable to live off campus, please include this information. Please note that you should complete and return a self-assessment form, part of which involves obtaining confirmation from a medical professional.

How to complete the online application - continuing students

If you are a current student who has previously created an account, then you don't need to make an account again, you can log in with your original email address you registered with. We are afraid that if you have previously been required to leave University accommodation because of behaviour or have rental arrears for university accommodation, you are not eligible to apply.

There will be a variety of on-campus accommodation available to continuing students across all the colleges for 2021/22. Applications are due to open on 22 February 2021 and rooms will be offered on a first-come first-served basis. If you are already in a University Hall of Residence room your deposit will automatically be carried over to 2021/2022.

Accepting a room

Offers of accommodation are sent via email during the summer time. To accept a room you will need to follow the instructions in your offer email and pay the deposit, provide payment details and agree the Terms and Conditions.

Please read through the information on this page then apply using the link above. Do make sure you read this page first as it contains important information regarding on how to apply, when you will be offered a room, and important information about accepting a room.

When you accept your offer, this is a legally binding contract. There is no notice period in your contract (please see Contracts page for full terms and conditions). This means that if you decide to live somewhere else, or you have no more academic commitments left for the year, for example, you will still have to pay the rent until the end of the contract or until the room is re-let.