- You will join the Global Leadership Programme, a programme of professional development workshops and company visits designed to help you develop the skills needed to succeed in a fast-paced global business.
- You will explore the latest theory and gain practical insights into areas of international business and global business operations and strategies.
- We will support your development through a Dissertation or Consultancy Project, where you will benefit from our expertise as one of UK’s most research-intensive modern universities (REF 2014).
- You can choose to participate in an international management field trip and gain direct experience of international management practice.
- As a graduate you will receive a dual award Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
The programme meets the needs of graduates who wish to enter a career in international management but may not have the relevant academic background or work experience. It focuses on managing global business operations, including strategy development, marketing planning and global supply chain management.
The Roehampton MSc Global Business Management has been designed with input from successful business leaders to address the needs of global corporations and SMEs operating internationally. The programme aims to prepare you for the challenges of management within an international business environment. In addition to the academic programme of study, you will have the opportunity to join our Global Leadership Programme, aimed at equipping you with the skills that are critical to succeed in today’s fast-pace business world.
You will enjoy London’s vibrant cultural and social life and take advantage of the City’s global businesses and financial institutions in order to develop your management skills and career.
There is also the opportunity (subject to availability and a fee) to join an international management field trip to a European country, where you will visit companies, practice teamwork and have the opportunity to reflect on current management issues and strategic solutions.
The Roehampton MSc Global Business Management offers a stimulating programme of study, informed by the internationally recognised research of our academic faculty, with an emphasis placed on providing you with the business capabilities that are required by successful multinational corporations, international organisations and SMEs.
The programme is delivered by academics and practitioners that are leading experts in fields of international business and management and is characterised by quality teaching that is research informed. The learning will be underpinned by a thorough and critical understanding of concepts relevant to global business operations and real industry data.
The MSc Global Business Management is characterised by:
- A carefully designed set of modules in international business, providing you with a global mind-set, and an in-depth understanding of global operations and intercultural leadership.
- The opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge to international business cases.
- The opportunity to reflect and develop leadership capabilities to manage change in global organisations.
- The ability to choose between a dissertation or consultancy project.
- A blended approach to teaching and learning that is technology enabled through the use of Moodle.
As a graduate you will receive a dual award Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
Students who have not previously studied business will be offered additional support in the form of an on-line preparatory, pre-induction programme of study that they will be encouraged to complete before the start of their programme.
Roehampton Business School is offering to all its PG students an innovative and ambitious Global Leadership Programme alongside their PG awards. The programme runs in parallel with the taught modules and it is complementary to them
Core modules (Autumn term)
- Business Research Methods
- Strategic Marketing
- Global Strategic Management
- Managing International Trade
Core modules (Spring term)
- Financial Performance Management
- Leadership and Change Management
- Supply Chain Strategy and Processes
Dissertation and Project Modules
Students must choose one of the following:
- Consultancy Project
* The Consultancy Project requires a suitable organisation that would want to partner with you for fieldwork access. That fieldwork will usually be conducted over a 12 weeks period on-site at the chosen company. You will need to secure the external partner, but will be supported throughout this process by the university’s careers team and the Business School. There are a variety of arrangements the Consultancy Project can take place in, ranging from paid internships to less formalized partnership agreements.
Compulsory and Required modules
Compulsory and/or required modules may change when we review and update programmes. Above is a list of modules offered this academic year.
Optional modules, when offered as part of a programme, may vary from year to year and are subject to viability.
Why a Global Leadership Programme?
- Want to experience life as a Management Consultant?
- Want to add valuable experience to your CV?
- Want to network with organisational leaders and global businesses?
The Global Leadership Programme is designed to enhance your career-readiness. It is focussed on your personal professional development through a combination of events, workshops, networking opportunities and industry exposure that address your career-readiness, and your capabilities to act as an effective leader, manager, consultant or entrepreneur.
As part of your Global Leadership Programme you will receive guidance from professional staff from the Careers Service on how to enhance your career path. You will be able to browse through an extensive range of information, literature from professional bodies and self-help materials on CVs and job applications. As part of the workshops, you will be able to take part in confidential interviews to discuss your career plans, applications and forthcoming job interviews. In addition to this, you will be offered the opportunity to practice your presentation and elevator pitch skills at networking events.
If your first degree is not in business and management, you will be offered the opportunity to complete an on-line pre-induction, which is entirely voluntary and non-credit bearing. It is not assessed and it is not a pre-condition for enrolment. It will however provide you with a level of understanding of strategy, management, marketing and international business. This programme is delivered as self-directed study and available once your enrolment has been completed.
The programme will consist of guided readings that you can complete at your own pace at home. You are strongly encouraged to arrive well prepared and to have read through at least some of readings and reflection tasks provided by week 3 of your first semester.
The Pre-Induction website will guide you, once you are enrolled, through the relevant readings and tasks in more detail. It will advance your ability to analyse data and information using basic analytical and managerial techniques and toolkits.
The list of topics:
- Introduction to Management, Marketing & Strategy
- Introduction to Finance and Accounting for Managers
- Introduction to Consumer Behaviour
- Introduction to Managing People and diversity in Organisations
The Placement module is taken by students in year two, once they have completed all other modules.
This placement module recognises the importance of professional experience for pursuing bespoke careers, and so provides the MSc students with the opportunity to apply learned concepts and toolkits into practice of their fields of specialism. You will learn on-the-job, highlight improvements in an organisation’s practices and make a contribution to chosen business projects.
The placement will ideally be tailored to your interests and aspirations but ultimately meets the needs of employers. Whereas the roles offered may vary, the emphasis should be on securing a placement within promising growth areas of your discipline and, on both applying and developing existing knowledge and skills in the work place as well as gaining new knowledge and skills.
Placement Preparation Workshops will introduce you to the soft skills, the pitch and research skills needed to recruit and systematically prepare for a bespoke placement in a leading business organisation.
You will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to work in multinational corporations, strategy and policy consultancy or international entrepreneurship ventures. The latter could mean running a small business or becoming a consultant to SMEs and NGOs.
Life at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.