- You will be equipped with expertise in contemporary strategic marketing, focussing on branding and digital marketing.
- You will have opportunities to utilise the School’s links with the world's largest community of marketers, the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- You will participate in the Global Leadership Programme, an extracurricular course which through lectures, workshops and networking, you will develop your skillset as an international marketing manager.
- As a graduate you will receive a dual award Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
- We are ranked as the 6th top university in London for Marketing (Complete University Guide 2020).
- This course offers the addition of a placement year with placement preparation workshops.
The Roehampton MSc Global Marketing provides you with essential expertise of contemporary marketing theory and practice, equipping you with the strategic and operational marketing skills needed to succeed.
This programme has been designed with input from a panel of business advisors and successful business leaders to address the 21st century’s demand for market-focussed professionals adept in the effective use of digital technologies. You will be introduced to the strategic, financial and operational context of management and to digital marketing strategies and the increasingly data-driven context in which business leaders operate. You will also learn how to leverage digital marketing and customer engagement strategies to achieve real impact on business objectives through marketing.
MSc Global Marketing is tailored to students with the ambition to become leaders and practitioners at the interface of marketing and corporate strategy. The programme benefits from our academic faculty’s leading research expertise and practitioner links. In addition to the academic programme of study, you will have the opportunity to join our Global Leadership Programme.
The Roehampton MSc Global Marketing offers a stimulating programme of study, driven by the internationally recognised research of our academic faculty, with an emphasis placed on equipping you with global marketing concepts and techniques that are demanded by 21st century global organisations and marketing agencies. The programme is delivered by academics and practitioners that are leading experts in strategic aspects of marketing.
The programme also provides you with a critical understanding of corporate strategy, financial performance management, leadership and cross-cultural perspectives on management. Our research methods class will equip you with the knowledge and techniques needed to pursue empirical fieldwork of academic rigour, real world impact and practitioner relevance.
You will be encouraged to engage in personal professional development through active participation in the Global Leadership Programme, aimed at equipping you with the skills that are critical to succeed in today’s fast-pace business world.
The MSc Global Marketing is characterised by:
- A carefully designed set of modules in international business and marketing, providing you with a truly global marketing perspective, and emphasising digital and data-driven marketing strategies.
- The opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge to international marketing case studies.
- The opportunity to develop leadership capabilities to lead market-driven change in global organisations.
- Learning and teaching focused on your career-readiness and addressing contemporary challenges in global marketing planning and brand management.
- A blended approach to teaching and learning that is technology enabled through the use of Moodle, suited to experience a high degree of flexibility in managing your learning journey.
As a graduate you will receive a dual award Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
Students who have not previously studied business will be offered additional support in the form of an on-line preparatory, pre-induction programme of study that they will be encouraged to complete before the start of their programme. This on-line pre-induction programme will however be voluntary and not compulsory. Students will not be required to pass an assessment at the end of the pre-induction programme to gain admission onto the Master’s programme assuming they fulfil the other prescribed entry qualifications.
Roehampton Business School is offering to all its PG students an innovative and ambitious Global Leadership Programme alongside their PG awards. The programme runs in parallel with the taught modules and it is complementary to them.
Core Modules (Autumn term)
- Business Research Methods
- Strategic Marketing
- Global Strategic Management
- Digital Marketing Practice
Core Modules (Spring term)
Dissertation and Project Modules
Students must choose one of the following:
* The Consultancy Project requires a suitable organisation that would want to partner with you for fieldwork access. That fieldwork will usually be conducted over a 12 weeks period on-site at the chosen company. You will need to secure the external partner, but will be supported throughout this process by the university’s careers team and the Business School. There are a variety of arrangements the Consultancy Project can take place in, ranging from paid internships to less formalized partnership agreements.
Compulsory and Required modules
Compulsory and/or required modules may change when we review and update programmes. Above is a list of modules offered this academic year.
Optional modules, when offered as part of a programme, may vary from year to year and are subject to viability.
Why a Global Leadership Programme?
- Want to experience life as a Management Consultant?
- Want to add valuable experience to your CV?
- Want to network with organisational leaders and global businesses?
The Global Leadership Programme is designed to enhance your career-readiness. It is focussed on your personal professional development through a combination of events, workshops, networking opportunities and industry exposure that address your career-readiness, and your capabilities to act as an effective leader, manager, consultant or entrepreneur.
As part of your Global Leadership Programme you will receive guidance from professional staff from the Careers Service on how to enhance your career path. You will be able to browse through an extensive range of information, literature from professional bodies and self-help materials on CVs and job applications. As part of the workshops, you will be able to take part in confidential interviews to discuss your career plans, applications and forthcoming job interviews. In addition to this, you will be offered the opportunity to practice your presentation and elevator pitch skills at networking events.
If your first degree is not in business and management, you will be offered the opportunity to complete an on-line pre-induction, which is entirely voluntary and non-credit bearing. It is not assessed and it is not a pre-condition for enrolment. It will however provide you with a level of understanding of strategy, management, marketing and international business. This programme is delivered as self-directed study and available once your enrolment has been completed.
The programme will consist of guided readings that you can complete at your own pace at home. You are strongly encouraged to arrive well prepared and to have read through at least some of readings and reflection tasks provided by week 3 of your first semester.
The Pre-Induction website will guide you, once you are enrolled, through the relevant readings and tasks in more detail. It will advance your ability to analyse data and information using basic analytical and managerial techniques and toolkits.
The list of topics:
- Introduction to Management, Marketing & Strategy
- Introduction to Finance and Accounting for Managers
- Introduction to Consumer Behaviour
- Introduction to Managing People and diversity in Organisations
The Placement module is taken by students in year two, once they have completed all other modules.
This placement module recognises the importance of professional experience for pursuing bespoke careers, and so provides the MSc students with the opportunity to apply learned concepts and toolkits into practice of their fields of specialism. You will learn on-the-job, highlight improvements in an organisation’s practices and make a contribution to chosen business projects.
The placement can either be full-time or part-time to a minimum of 3 working days (21-24 hours).
The placement will ideally be tailored to your interests and aspirations but ultimately meets the needs of employers. Whereas the roles offered may vary, the emphasis should be on securing a placement within promising growth areas of your discipline and, on both applying and developing existing knowledge and skills in the work place as well as gaining new knowledge and skills.
Placement Preparation Workshops will introduce you to the soft skills, the pitch and research skills needed to recruit and systematically prepare for a bespoke placement in a leading business organisation.
Graduates from this programme are equipped with the knowledge and skills to work in brand management, digital marketing planning or strategic marketing management positions in large multinational corporations, SMEs operating globally or specialist marketing agencies.
Life at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.