The Vice-Chancellor is the most senior academic and administrative officer of the University, responsible for strategic direction and leadership.
The Vice-Chancellor is supported by a Personal Assistant, responsible for diary management and monitoring the budget of the office, as well as a Director of Strategy and External Relations, who leads the Strategy Team, Recruitment and International Development, Communications Team and Web & Digital Engagement Team.
The Vice-Chancellor's direct reports include the Provost and Deputy Vice-Chancellor, and Chief Operating Officer.
The Provost is supported by a team of Vice-Provosts.
Professor Jean-Noël Ezingeard
Provost and Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Professor Anna Gough-Yates
Dr Stephen Driver
Vice-Provost, Research and Knowledge Exchange
Dr Richard Keogh
Executive Assistant to the Vice-Chancellor & Provost
Claire Duffell, 020 8392 3111
Director of Strategy and External Relations
Policy and Projects Manager
The Communications Team is responsible for the promotion of the University to internal and external audiences and for managing press and public relations engagement activity. The team’s work includes:
- account management for all academic and academic support departments including
- ensuring that key messages are shared internally and externally
- directing print and online advertising appropriately
- working with academic departments to develop USPs for academic programmes
- promoting departmental events
- raising the profile of academic research
- all media and public relations activities
- central university advertising campaigns
- co-ordinating corporate video production and managing the image library
- managing the University brand and visual identity
- core print publications, including the Annual Review, Undergraduate Prospectus, Postgraduate Prospectus and Orientation Guide for new students
Head of Marketing and Communications, Caragh Johnson
Communications Adviser, Tiffanni Garner
- Department of Life Sciences
- Department of Psychology
Communications Adviser, Jessica Robinson
- Business School
- Extended degrees
- Short courses
Communications Adviser, Matt Turner
- School of Arts
- Department of Social Sciences
Communications Adviser, Tina Watson
- School of Education
- School of Humanities
Web and Digital Engagement Team
The Web and Digital Engagement Team is responsible for overall development and maintenance of the external University website, including determining site structure and design and allocating roles and permissions for web editors in academic and academic support departments.
The team is also responsible for promoting the University digitally, including coordinating and enhancing the diverse range of social media presences that the institution has and using social media tools to engage in a proactive manner with potential students.
Other responsibilities include data and analytics on how users interact with the website, user demographics, sources of site traffic and tracking digital mentions of the University in social media and across the wider internet.
The team works with IT in coordinating the provision of training staff in using the web site content management system and in providing support for aspects of the University intranet.
Head of Web and Digital Engagement, Andy Mowbray
Web Development Manager, Jon Mairlot
Web and Digital Engagement Assistant, Fanny Karlsson
Social Media Manager, Dan Brown
Social Media Co-ordinator, Vacancy