- Cover all the core aspects of economics, to get an excellent foundation for working in general business and management in the public or private sector.
- Apply contemporary research to the latest business issues, such as the dynamic nature of the global economy.
- During your first year teaching takes place on the same two days each week*. You’ll have ample time to travel to campus, and the flexibility to fit your study around other commitments.
- This programme is dual accredited to a CMI qualification. Upon successful completion of the programme, Roehampton on-campus students, will be eligible for a CMI L5 qualification in Management and Leadership (subject to passing the required mapped CMI modules and CMI moderation.
- Give your career a head-start through the option of a one-year work placement, after year two.
Prepare yourself for a career in business or in any organisation that values an awareness of economic issues. You’ll graduate as a confident, independent thinker, with a detailed knowledge of business and management, and the ability to adapt rapidly to change.
BSc Business Management and Economics will give you in-depth knowledge of organisations and their environments, including their relationships to society.
You will explore key theories and concepts in economics and their application in international business, and gain a solid understanding of areas such as managing people, operations, logistics, marketing and business ethics. Additionally, you will learn how businesses can operate effectively in a multicultural environment.
In readiness for your future career, you will acquire key attributes employers value, such as commercial acumen, self-reflection and emotional intelligence, alongside skills in research, analysis, numeracy and project management. You will finish the course confident in your personal values, with the knowledge and experience to solve business problems ethically, and an excellent understanding of the wider economy.
This programme is dual accredited to a CMI qualification. Upon successful completion of the programme, Roehampton on-campus students, will be eligible for a CMI L5 qualification in Management and Leadership (subject to passing the required mapped CMI modules and CMI moderation.
Our academics have a wealth of research and practical experience in economics and business, and will support you to connect your learning to the realities of business and management.
Business Readiness and Extended Academic Induction modules will build your future employability throughout your degree, by developing your academic, leadership and management skills.
Your Personal Tutor will suppprt you to map your career development and provide guidance on your learning.
Alongside this, we provide a career mentoring scheme, student-led Business Society and online careers portal.
As a business student, you will gain access to exclusive Chartered Management Institute networking events and lectures from CMI experts.
You can also log onto ManagementDirect, an online learning portal with a wide range of useful resources, including around 3,000 publications such as the Harvard Business Review. You can use the portal to develop your interview skills, polish your CV and record your professional development.
- Establish an overview of business organisations in a global context and explore key aspects of business management such as finance, marketing and data analysis.
- Develop and track your own increasing ability to add value to organisations, through our Business Readiness and Extended Academic Induction modules.
- Understand your role in a team, and learn to recognise your personal strengths and weaknesses through self-assessment and reflection.
- Practise these skills through problem-based activities and scenarios.
- Study managerial economics and international economics, to build your economics knowledge and skills.
- Continue to develop your business readiness and experience of management, from managing people across different cultures to project management.
- Take up the opportunity to study abroad.
- Plan, research and write a dissertation on your chosen area of economics.
- Develop a deeper economic understanding through modules such as Labour Economics, Economics of Money, Banking and Finance or Development Economics.
- Explore business ethics and responsible management, as well as applied corporate strategy.
Here are some of the varied modules we currently offer:
Required zero-credit module
Optional Extended Professional Placement
From September 2018, all new students starting an undergraduate business degree will have the option to apply for a 12-month full-time professional placement in a role with graduate-level learning opportunities. Students will complete this between years 2 and 3 of the programme.
Required zero-credit module
Business Readiness (year 3)
The Roehampton Business School offers all students the option to apply for a one-year paid work placement.
A placement year is the perfect opportunity to implement the ‘business readiness’ skills you will learn in year one and two, while gaining valuable work experience.
If you successfully secure a work placement, you will develop your CV during the year, and will be provided with access to the University’s support services and regular academic guidance from the Business School.
The opportunity to make connections in your chosen industry will greatly improve your career prospects and equip you with the experience you need to secure a graduate-level job with a higher graduate salary.
The Business School will offer support in applying for placements, however a placement cannot be guaranteed.
The skills and knowledge you go away with will put you in a strong position for pursuing jobs in the UK’s most important sectors and occupations, including financial services, management consultancy, risk analysis and economic think tanks.
Our careers team is available to support you from the start of your studies until after you graduate. They will help you build your CV, prepare for interviews, and meet and learn from successful graduates working at the top of their careers. You’ll also have opportunities to work with our partners across London and beyond, and to attend a Roehampton jobs fair where you can find out about graduate opportunities and meet employers.
*This currently applies to students in their first year only.
** The duration of this course is 4 years (full-time) for students taking a placement year.
Life at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.
Join a Business School with a social conscience.
At Roehampton Business School we provide you with a flexible, career-focused journey towards successful and fulfilling graduate careers. Roehampton Business School is an inclusive learning community. We want our students to become business leaders who will have a positive impact on society through their ethos, their company culture and through an understanding and appreciation of sustainability. These values are embedded in both our teaching and research.
Below you can find the ways that Roehampton Business School will help you in both your studies and your future career.
- Dedicated career service with a team of careers specialists to provide support and guidance.
- All students have the option to include a one-year work placement as part of their degree.
- Our Business Advisory Board comprise senior business leaders who work closely with us to ensure that our courses are industry-relevant and cutting-edge.
- Access to events with guest speakers and professional bodies, such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Chartered Management Institute and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (all of which accredit the Business School degrees).
- Experience the opportunities that come with the Roehampton Business School working closely with the neighboring chambers of commerce including the Wandsworth Chambers of Commerce.
- The opportunity to participate in national and international business competitions.
- Our UG Business courses are taught on two days per week in year one, giving you the space to undertake part-time work and fit your studies around other commitments.
- We have excellent facilities for commuting students, including a free bus service, free on-campus parking and free bicycle storage facilities.
- You will receive remote access to your learning resources so you can learn from home as well as campus.
- You can participate in opportunities to share student research. The Sticky Campus Conference can be viewed here.