- Combine academic knowledge with practical skills to succeed in a career in international commercial law
- Gain specialised skills in legal practice, dispute resolution, advocacy and litigation
- Learn alongside experts with extensive practical experience at the leading edge of international commercial law
- Build on your undergraduate degree for a competitive advantage in the job market
- Academically rigorous, relevant and socially responsive, this LLM offers a distinct approach to studying international commercial law
- Opportunity to join a tour of international institutions (cost not included in fees; minimum of 8 students required)
This course starts in September 2021
Study a vibrant, stimulating, outward-looking and up-to-date LLM International Commercial Law and Legal Practice, in an innovative student-centred learning environment.
This LLM will give you the knowledge and understanding of the key legal issues and the regulatory framework that governs international commercial law and dispute resolution. You will learn how to apply this knowledge to a range of different cases and develop the essential skills for a career as a practising commercial lawyer within governments or international organisations.
Using an issues-based approach to examining the language of regulation and reality of international commercial law, you will learn how to apply your knowledge in practice. You will also develop key skills such as research and analysis, litigation and extrajudicial dispute resolution, project management, and advocacy. Problem-based and interactive learning will instil the ability to learn from experience and enable you to master concepts faster, absorb and integrate new information, and act strategically.
The course provides an understanding and examination of the following key legal issues and offers students the opportunity to undertake in-depth analysis through completion of a dissertation:
- International Commercial Law in Practice
- International Commercial Litigation
- International Commercial Law Practitioners
Optional modules may include:
- International Tax Law
- Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility
- International Competition Law
- Internship-Work Placement
Given the current political situation, international commercial lawyers are likely to be in high demand. This specialised course will prepare you for many career opportunities within and beyond commercial law. As a practising international commercial lawyer you could work within a multi-national organisation which focuses on trade matters. You could also work for governments, diplomatic institutions, think tanks, research and development organisations, or continue your academic career.
Life at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.