- Apply contemporary research to explore the latest issues in management and finance.
- Learn about emerging markets and advanced economies, and use financial instruments to analyse global markets.
- Give your career a head-start through the option of a one-year work placement, after year two.
- During your first year teaching takes place on the same two days each week*. You’ll have ample time to travel to campus, and the flexibility to fit your study around other commitments.
- Roehampton is rated sixth in London for Accounting and finance in the Times Good University Guide 2021
- This programme is dual accredited to a CMI qualification. Upon successful completion of the programme, Roehampton on-campus students, will be eligible for a CMI L5 qualification in Management and Leadership (subject to passing the required mapped CMI modules and CMI moderation.
Looking to build a rewarding career in the financial and broader business sector but don’t want to embark on a full accounting and finance degree? Our BSc Business Management and Finance is the ideal choice.
On this degree, you’ll develop the key competencies required of financial managers, and become equipped to work in a wide range of private, public and third-sector organisations, ready to adapt rapidly to change.
Gaining detailed knowledge of management and finance, you’ll become a confident, independent thinker, with the ability to analyse financial markets and predict financial performance.
You’ll explore corporate strategy, business ethics and business finance in depth, and develop a deeper understanding of how financial institutions and monetary systems operate.
Our academic staff have extensive experience of business and will support you to connect your learning to the realities of business, management and finance. Your Academic Guidance Tutor will also be there to guide your learning and career development, and you’ll have access to our extensive employability events.
In preparation for your future career, you’ll develop many skills employers value, including the ability to identify and solve business problems, and to communicate your ideas with impact.
- Develop and track your own increasing ability to add value to organisations through our Business Readiness and Extended Academic Induction modules.
- Work in teams on problem-based activities, gathering evidence of your knowledge, skills and attributes, and developing your academic, leadership and management skills.
- Establish an overview of business organisations in a global context and explore key areas of business such as finance, management and marketing.
- Build your experience of management (including managing people across different cultures, supply chain management and project management).
- Choose to develop your specialist knowledge through modules in Global Financial Markets and Analysing Financial Performance.
- Continue to develop your business readiness, so you can demonstrate to potential employers the skills you’ve gained.
- At the end of year two, you’ll have the option to apply for a one-year paid work placement.
- Build your financial skills through a dissertation, focusing on a particular area of interest.
- Develop your understanding of business management and finance through modules such as Business Ethics and Responsible Management, where you’ll learn to apply ethical decision making and responsible management to a range of situations.
- Other modules include Economics of Money, Banking and Finance and Corporate Finance.
Here are some of the varied modules we currently offer:
Optional Extended Professional Placement
From September 2018, all new students starting an undergraduate business degree will have the option to apply for a 12 month full-time professional placement in a role with graduate level learning opportunities. Students will complete this between years 2 and 3 of the programme.
You will also complete the final part of the Business Readiness modules, which will enable you to graduate with the ability to demonstrate to potential employers the skills you have gained during your degree.
The Roehampton Business School offers all students the option to apply for a one-year paid work placement.
A placement year is the perfect opportunity to implement the ‘business readiness’ skills you will learn in year one and two, whilst gaining valuable work experience.
If you successfully secure a work placement, you will develop your CV during the year, and will be provided with access to the University's support services and regular academic guidance from the Business School.
The opportunity to make connections in your chosen industry will greatly improve your career prospects and equip you with the experience you need to secure a graduate-level job with a higher graduate salary.
The Business School will offer support in applying for placements, however a placement cannot be guaranteed.
You will be equipped to work in corporate finance, banking, insurance and business consultancy, as well as specialist and generalist management roles. You could also progress to further study with us on our MSc Global Financial Management.
Our careers team is available to support you from the start of your studies until after you graduate. They will help you build your CV, prepare for interviews, and meet and learn from successful graduates working at the top of their careers. You’ll also have opportunities to work with our partners across London and beyond, and to attend a Roehampton jobs fair where you can find out about graduate opportunities and meet employers.
* This currently applies to students in their first year only.
** The duration of this course is 4 years (full-time) for students taking a placement year.
Life at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.
Join a Business School with a social conscience.
At Roehampton Business School we provide you with a flexible, career-focused journey towards successful and fulfilling graduate careers. Roehampton Business School is an inclusive learning community. We want our students to become business leaders who will have a positive impact on society through their ethos, their company culture and through an understanding and appreciation of sustainability. These values are embedded in both our teaching and research.
Below you can find the ways that Roehampton Business School will help you in both your studies and your future career.
- Dedicated career service with a team of careers specialists to provide support and guidance.
- All students have the option to include a one-year work placement as part of their degree.
- Our Business Advisory Board comprise senior business leaders who work closely with us to ensure that our courses are industry-relevant and cutting-edge.
- Access to events with guest speakers and professional bodies, such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Chartered Management Institute and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (all of which accredit the Business School degrees).
- Experience the opportunities that come with the Roehampton Business School working closely with the neighboring chambers of commerce including the Wandsworth Chambers of Commerce.
- The opportunity to participate in national and international business competitions.
- Our UG Business courses are taught on two days per week in year one, giving you the space to undertake part-time work and fit your studies around other commitments.
- We have excellent facilities for commuting students, including a free bus service, free on-campus parking and free bicycle storage facilities.
- You will receive remote access to your learning resources so you can learn from home as well as campus.
- You can participate in opportunities to share student research. The Sticky Campus Conference can be viewed here.