- Cover all the key areas of marketing, alongside core business subjects, to gain a strong foundation for working in marketing management.
- Explore the latest research and marketing developments, such as the growth in digital marketing, the dynamic nature of customer behaviour and the value of powerful brands.
- Give your career a head-start through the option of a one-year work placement, after year two.
- The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has approved our BSc Marketing , so graduates will qualify for the maximum exemptions for the CIM Level 6 Diploma.
- We are ranked as the 6th top university in London for Marketing (Complete University Guide 2020).
Our Business and Marketing degree prepares you to work in the rapidly evolving, and hugely diverse, world of marketing.
You’ll graduate a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of marketing and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
The course focuses primarily on how businesses need to present themselves in increasingly competitive and disruptive customer environments.
Alongside specialist marketing knowledge, you will build your understanding of managing people, operations, logistics and finance.
You will learn how businesses need to operate effectively and responsibly in culturally diverse markets.
In readiness for your future career, you will develop a range of skills employers value, such as the ability to identify and solve business problems, and communicate your ideas effectively.
This programme is dual accredited to a CMI qualification. Upon successful completion of the programme, Roehampton on-campus students, will be eligible for a CMI L5 qualification in Management and Leadership (subject to passing the required mapped CMI modules and CMI moderation.
In addition, we are a Graduate Gateway institution with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and our degree has been mapped against CIM qualifications to apply exemptions for modules. This provides you with an opportunity to gain a professional marketing qualification alongside your degree.
You will also develop key attributes such as commercial acumen, self-reflection and emotional intelligence and gain skills in research, project management and leadership.
Our academics will work with you to connect your learning to the realities of business and management.
You will be supported throughout by Academic Guidance Tutors, who will work with you to map your career development and provide guidance.
There’ll be many other opportunities to develop and learn as well, including a career mentoring scheme, student-led Business Society and online careers portal.
You will graduate confident in your values, with the knowledge and experience to solve business problems ethically, and with an ongoing passion for continuous professional development.
Through our Business Readiness module, you will recognise, track and develop your own increasing ability to add value to organisations, so you can communicate that effectively to employers when you graduate.
- Establish an overview of business organisations in a global context and explore key areas of business such as management, finance and data analysis.
- Learn to recognise your own strengths and weaknesses through self-assessment and reflection, and to understand the role you can play in a team.
- Focus on your future employability by building your academic, leadership and management skills and practising them in problem-based team activities and scenarios.
- Continue to develop your business readiness, and your knowledge of key management concepts, from managing people across different cultures, to supply chain and project management.
- Acquire an understanding of consumer behaviour, and develop expertise in digital marketing a key growth area in a knowledge-based economy.
- Cultivate a deeper understanding of the key areas of branding and marketing in a global context, learning to tailor the delivery of your messages to your chosen target market.
- Demonstrate your skills with an in-depth dissertation focusing on an area of marketing of your choice.
- Study corporate strategy and learn about the importance of ethics and responsible management.
Here are some of the varied modules we currently offer:
Introduction to Accounting and Finance
Business Organisations in a Global Economy
Business Data Analysis
Principles of Marketing
Introduction to Management
Required zero-credit module
Extended Academic Induction
Required zero-credit module
Optional Extended Professional Placement
From September 2018, all new students starting an undergraduate business degree will have the option to apply for a 12 month full-time professional placement in a role with graduate level learning opportunities. Students will complete this between years 2 and 3 of the programme.
Required zero-credit module
Business Readiness (year 3)
The Roehampton Business School offers all students the option to apply for a one-year paid work placement.*
A placement year is the perfect opportunity to implement the ‘business readiness’ skills you will learn in year one and two, whilst gaining valuable work experience.
If you successfully secure a work placement, you will develop your CV during the year, and will be provided with access to the University’s support services and regular academic guidance from the Business School.
The opportunity to make connections in your chosen industry will greatly improve your career prospects and equip you with the experience you need to secure a graduate-level job with a higher graduate salary.
The Business School will offer support in applying for placements, however a placement cannot be guaranteed.
You will be equipped to work in a wide range of marketing roles, either in an agency or the marketing functions of an organisation. You will have the skills to work as an advertising executive, marketing manager or communications manager or in another marketing-related role.
Our careers team is available to support you from the start of your studies until after you graduate. They will help you build your CV, prepare for interviews, and meet and learn from successful graduates working at the top of their careers. You’ll also have opportunities to work with our partners across London and beyond, and to attend a Roehampton jobs fair where you can find out about graduate opportunities and meet employers.
*This currently applies to students in their first year only.
** The duration of this course is 4 years (full-time) for students taking a placement year.
Life at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.
Join a Business School with a social conscience.
At Roehampton Business School we provide you with a flexible, career-focused journey towards successful and fulfilling graduate careers. Roehampton Business School is an inclusive learning community. We want our students to become business leaders who will have a positive impact on society through their ethos, their company culture and through an understanding and appreciation of sustainability. These values are embedded in both our teaching and research.
Below you can find the ways that Roehampton Business School will help you in both your studies and your future career.
- Dedicated career service with a team of careers specialists to provide support and guidance.
- All students have the option to include a one-year work placement as part of their degree.
- Our Business Advisory Board comprise senior business leaders who work closely with us to ensure that our courses are industry-relevant and cutting-edge.
- Access to events with guest speakers and professional bodies, such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Chartered Management Institute and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (all of which accredit the Business School degrees).
- Experience the opportunities that come with the Roehampton Business School working closely with the neighboring chambers of commerce including the Wandsworth Chambers of Commerce.
- The opportunity to participate in national and international business competitions.
- Our UG Business courses are taught on two days per week in year one, giving you the space to undertake part-time work and fit your studies around other commitments.
- We have excellent facilities for commuting students, including a free bus service, free on-campus parking and free bicycle storage facilities.
- You will receive remote access to your learning resources so you can learn from home as well as campus.
- You can participate in opportunities to share student research. The Sticky Campus Conference can be viewed here.