- This programme is dual accredited to a CMI qualification. Upon successful completion of the programme, Roehampton on-campus students, will be eligible for a CMI L5 qualification in Management and Leadership (subject to passing the required mapped CMI modules and CMI moderation.
- Spend a semester studying abroad developing your cross-cultural skills and confidence to operate internationally.
- Acquire a strong understanding of business management and develop your ability to work internationally in marketing, finance or human resource management.
- Graduate with the ability to think critically, innovate, act responsibly and adapt to volatile, ambiguous and complex situations.
- During your first year teaching takes place on the same two days each week*. You’ll have ample time to travel to campus, and the flexibility to fit your study around other commitments.
- Give your career a head-start through the option of a one-year work placement, after year two.
Our International Business BSc will provide you with the skills and experience to work in an international business. You’ll graduate a confident, independent thinker, with the skills to adapt rapidly to change, and a detailed knowledge of international business and cross-cultural management.
This degree will give you in-depth knowledge of organisations and their environments, including their relationships to society.
Specialising in international business, you will focus on the ways businesses operate differently in home and overseas markets.
Developing an understanding of areas such as managing people, operations, logistics, marketing and finance, you will also learn about what businesses need to do to operate ethically and effectively in a culturally diverse environment.
In readiness for your future career, you will acquire key attributes employers value, such as commercial acumen, self-reflection and emotional intelligence, alongside skills in research, numeracy, project management and leadership.
You will finish the course confident in your personal values, with the knowledge and experience to solve business problems ethically, and an ongoing passion for personal and professional development.
Our academics have extensive experience of organisations and will support you to connect your learning to the realities of business and management.
Business Readiness and Extended Academic Induction modules will build your future employability throughout your degree, by developing your academic, leadership and management skills.
Your Personal Tutor will support you to map your career development and provide guidance on your learning.
Alongside this, we provide a career mentoring scheme, student-led Business Society and online careers portal.
- Establish an overview of business organisations in a global context and explore key aspects of business such as finance and marketing.
- Develop and track your own increasing ability to add value to organisations, through our Business Readiness and Extended Academic Induction modules.
- Understand your role in a team, and learn to recognise your personal strengths and weaknesses through self-assessment and reflection.
- Practise these skills through team-based scenarios.
- Study modules on global and international business strategy, and international business and emerging markets, developing an extensive knowledge of international business.
- Spend a semester studying abroad, to develop your cross-cultural skills, confidence and connections, and return home more globally minded.
- Develop your international management skills, studying modules such as International Human Resource Management and Global Marketing.
- Demonstrate your individual specialism through a dissertation focusing on an aspect of international business that interests you.
Managing People and Careers
Global and International Business
International Business and Emerging Markets
In your second semester, you will study abroad at one of our partner universities.
Required zero-credit module
Business Readiness (year 2)
Required zero-credit module
The Roehampton Business School offers all students the option to apply for a one-year paid work placement.
A placement year is the perfect opportunity to implement the ‘business readiness’ skills you will learn in year one and two, whilst gaining valuable work experience.
If you successfully secure a work placement, you will develop your CV during the year, and will be provided with access to the University's support services and regular academic guidance from the Business School.
The opportunity to make connections in your chosen industry will greatly improve your career prospects and equip you with the experience you need to secure a graduate-level job with a higher graduate salary.
The Business School will offer support in applying for placements, however a placement cannot be guaranteed.
You’ll leave well equipped to work in a diverse range of careers, including international trade and banking, operations management, market research, international sales or marketing, and other roles within international companies.
Our careers team is available to support you from the start of your studies until after you graduate. They will help you build your CV, prepare for interviews, and meet and learn from successful graduates working at the top of their careers. You’ll also have opportunities to work with our partners across London and beyond, and to attend a Roehampton jobs fair where you can find out about graduate opportunities and meet employers.
*This currently applies to students in their first year only.
** The duration of this course is 4 years (full-time) for students taking a placement year.
Life at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.
Join a Business School with a social conscience.
At Roehampton Business School we provide you with a flexible, career-focused journey towards successful and fulfilling graduate careers. Roehampton Business School is an inclusive learning community. We want our students to become business leaders who will have a positive impact on society through their ethos, their company culture and through an understanding and appreciation of sustainability. These values are embedded in both our teaching and research.
Below you can find the ways that Roehampton Business School will help you in both your studies and your future career.
- Dedicated career service with a team of careers specialists to provide support and guidance.
- All students have the option to include a one-year work placement as part of their degree.
- Our Business Advisory Board comprise senior business leaders who work closely with us to ensure that our courses are industry-relevant and cutting-edge.
- Access to events with guest speakers and professional bodies, such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Chartered Management Institute and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (all of which accredit the Business School degrees).
- Experience the opportunities that come with the Roehampton Business School working closely with the neighboring chambers of commerce including the Wandsworth Chambers of Commerce.
- The opportunity to participate in national and international business competitions.
- Our UG Business courses are taught on two days per week in year one, giving you the space to undertake part-time work and fit your studies around other commitments.
- We have excellent facilities for commuting students, including a free bus service, free on-campus parking and free bicycle storage facilities.
- You will receive remote access to your learning resources so you can learn from home as well as campus.
- You can participate in opportunities to share student research. The Sticky Campus Conference can be viewed here.