This page contains a summary of key information for current research students and for supervisors, including links to forms and reports for existing research students.
Research Degrees Conveners and Administrators with responsibility for research degrees in your Department, can provide information and advice.
Information for Current Research Students & Supervisors
The Research Degrees Handbook, together with the Academic Regulations, provide information for current students undertaking a research degree programme at University of Roehampton, including full details of the procedures for Research Degrees as well as useful information on areas such as facilities, training, tuition fees and bursaries. There is a Staff Supplement to the Handbook available via the Graduate School Moodle site, which provides additional information for Supervisors.
The Graduate School hosts a Moodle site, with details of the Research Student Development Programme, information for research students, discussion forums etc. All research students and research student supervisors are registered on the site. To access the site go to Moodle. This is also accessible via the Student Portal.
In-Course Application Forms
Please note Initial Application Forms and Transfer Application Forms (RDB1 Forms) can be found here
- Project Confirmation Form (RDCom2)
- Application to Transfer from MPhil to Doctoral Status (RDCom3)
- Application to Transfer from Doctoral Status to MPhil (RDCom3A)
- Application upgrade PsychD (RDCom3)
- Application for a Change in Mode of Study (RDCom4)
- Application for a Temporary Interruption of Registration (RDCom5)
- Application for an Extension to Maximum Period of Registration (RDCom6)
- Application for a Change to Approved Supervisory Arrangements (RDCom7)
- Notification of Withdrawal of Registration (RDCom8)
- RDCom9 PsychD Counselling Psychology students who started before Sept 2018
- RDCom9 PsychD Counselling Psychology students who started Sept 18 onwards
- DTh Application for Transfer to Writing-up Status (RDCom9)
- PsychD Counselling Psychology Application for Transfer to Writing-up Status (RDCom9)
- PsychD Application for Transfer to Writing-up Status (RDCom9)
- Candidate's Declaration Form (RDCom10)
For students registered on October 2019 and after
Examination Entry Forms
- Entry Form for Examination for the Degree of Master of Philosophy
- Entry Form for Examination for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy
- Entry Form for Examination for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy by Published Works
- Entry Form for Examinations for the Dth Practical Theology
- Entry Form for Examination for the Degree of EdD
- Exam Entry Form for PsychD Counselling students who started before Sept 2018
- Exam Entry Form for PsychD Counselling Psychology students who started Sept 2018 onwards
- External Examiner: Statement of Eligibility
- Covid-19 thesis proforma
- Covid thesis submission form guidance
Progress Report Forms
Please visit the Research Environment and Ethics webpages.